“I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take,
all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
The longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonder of the world.”
~ John Burroughs ~
“Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.”
~ Napoleon Bonaparte ~
“The Universe is centered on neither the Earth nor the Sun–it is centered on God.”
~ Alfred Noyes ~
“…I was rich, if not in money, in sunny hours and summer days. …” ~ Henry David Thoreau ~
“This time, like all other times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.”
“Time is a created thing. To say I don’t have time is to say I don’t want to.” ~ Lao Tzu ~
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
“TODAY, I pray for —
1. A few friends who understand me and yet remain my friends.
2. Work to do which has real value, and without which the world would feel poorer.
3. An understanding heart.
4. Moments of leisure.
5. A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed.
6. A sight of the eternal hills and the unresting sea, and of something beautiful the hand of man has made.
7. The power to laugh.
8. Nothing at the expense of others.
9. The sense of the presence of God.
10. And the patience to wait for the coming of these things with the wisdom to know when they come.”
~ Walter Reid Hunt, Ten Wise Wishes ~
“The time for action is now. It is never too late to do something.” ~ Carl Sandburg ~
If you’d like a name added to the prayer list, please let me know.
Prayer Keeping ~ Jim ~ Donna ~ Stephanie ~ Sandra ~