Are you going on vacation any time soon? Before you leave on vacation, there are a few things you need to do.
1. Make sure someone is coming over to feed the humming birds.
2. If you’re not taking your pets, arrange for either a pet sitter or good boarding.
3. Arrange to have your lawn mowed.
4. Let family know your schedule and contact information such as hotel name and number
5. Do not announce your vacation on social media like Facebook, Twitter, your blog.
6. Give someone you trust your house key so they can check your house every few days. Ask them to pick up any brochures or fliers that are delivered while you’re gone.
7. Stop the newspaper delivery.
8. Ask the USPS to hold your mail.
9. Turn the a.c. up to 78 or thereabouts. If you live in a humid area, consider turning it only two to four degrees above your normal setting. Don’t take a chance things will mildew.
10. Unplug computers, televisions, telephones; don’t trust surge protectors in case of storms.
11. Use timers on different lights in the house…living room in early evening, bedroom in late evening, kitchen in early morning.
12. Consider throwing circuit breakers to conserve energy.
13. Turn off water supply under sinks, to washing machine; if a water pipe bursts, it can be a nasty welcome when you return home.
14. If you have an attached garage, make sure to lock it securely before leaving and disconnect the remote control.
15. Make sure you have strong, secure locks on all windows and doors.
16. HAVE FUN!
Blessings ~ vacation ~ strong locks ~ FUN! ~