Be careful what you wish for, eh? Down time comes at a price, sometimes a fierce price, as evidenced by the spasms my back muscles are having. Trouble is, they didn’t invite the rest of me to the party and when they come, they come fierce and with loathing and no concern for the rest of the body. There have been those odd times when I look like St. Vitus Dance but with no partner. But, time heals all wounds and as time passes, the spasms pass along with the pain and, slowly but surely, I’m being restored.
There’s been a lot of time for knitting, listening to audio books and reflecting; perhaps that’s as well since autumn is quickly approaching. This morning, about 6:30, it was 50 degrees F and we’ve had fog every morning save two this August which means we’ll have twenty-nine snows this winter.
Is that old wives tale true? I don’t know but I prepare like it’s Gospel. I like to live ready so I can leave ready, if you know what I mean.
Can you see me reflected in HayJ’s eye? He’s a big ‘un, weighing in at around two thousand pounds and standing about 18 hands. Gentle giant is what he is but he can be feisty when he wants what he wants. Just like a man, eh?
Perhaps you remember how much I enjoy Alistair Begg? He’s the Scotsman now out of Cleveland, Ohio who has a radio ministry at 7:30 a.m. on XM radio. Stick with me as this gets rather convoluted -smile-. This morning I was visiting the Fiber Arts Mixed Media site and ran across the Blue Eyed Duck Studio blog, owned by Katey Duck. It’s a visual feast and, as I perused it, found it to be a spiritual feast as well. She has a button, “Parkside Church”, which made my ears go all pointy; Parkside Church is where Pastor Begg is senior pastor. So, after a l.o.n.g. site visitation, I decided to share the good news with you. Go, visit Katey and see if you’re not blessed as well.
Somewhere else along the blog line, I found 31 things that made me laugh. Gladly, I’d give credit but can’t remember where I found them nor who actually wrote them. I think I’ve received them as an e-mail as well but…can’t remember. Hope they tickle your funny bone as well.
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
-okay, this made me laugh but there’s nothing untoward in my computer history so Friend, don’t trouble yourself. do get yourself to my stash and sneak away the telltale signs of a pack rat and thanks!
2. Nothing really stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
-good grief, has someone been looking over my shoulder!?
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger. -napping is severely
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font. -boy’s howdy, isn’t there ever!?
5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? -I can do this.
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to star their directions on number 5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my own neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired. -yes I can. Friday night when I slept for 14 hours straight!
10. Bad decisions make good stories. -usually funny ones as well.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again. –what?! you mean there’s something after VHS???
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to. -such a sinking feeling…
14. “do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this…ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring, Hello? Hello? but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. -don’t think so as I like looking good for myself -smile-.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well. -amen!
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option. -uh oh, the pc police are gonna get me.
21. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it. -oh yeah, lots of times.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. -and this, dear one, is perxactly WHY my back has left me!
23. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
24. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said? -oh my, I wonder how many times people have thought I was a krazy woman because I admitted to “something” I didn’t hear but didn’t want to admit it?
25. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters! -oh yeah, I love to do this.
26. Shirts get dirty, Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty and you can wear them forever.
27. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber and dumber every year? -don’t get me started…
28. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far. -yep, this makes my blood run cold; been there, done that.
29. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
30. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch three consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
31. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey…but I bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from three feet away in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Hope you’ve chuckled a time or two reading the above; I caught myself nodding in agreement on most of them.
Blessings ~ laughter ~ blogs of good intent and purpose ~ a healthy back ~ full moon ~
Grace and Peace,